Port SEPTA PALS (Playgroup) is starting new groups, Fall 2019!
Port SEPTA recognizes that one of the greatest challenges for students who learn differently can be relating to peers and finding friends in and outside of school.
Port Pals is a play group that:
(1) comprises five or six kids, either in grades K through 2/3 ,or in grades 2/3 through 6;
(2) meets weekly, rotating among the homes of participants;
(3) is facilitated by a special-education professional; and
(4) focuses on the development of social and cooperative-play skills.
Each week, play time lasts 60 minutes, and each family receives a short written report from the facilitator addressing their child’s strengths, challenges, and successes.
Port Pals groups will begin in the Fall and meet each Friday through the school year.
FALL 2019 DATES: 9/20, 10/4, 10/11, 10/18, 10/25, 11/1, 11/8, 11/15, 12/6, 12/13, 12/20
SPRING 2020 DATES: TBD
Group 1: K through 2/3rd grade play group:
Group 2: 2nd/3rd through 6th grade play group:
Residency within Port Washington Union Free School District is not required for participation.
If you are interested in registering your child for Port Pals Fall 2019 semester, please email Sarah Farsijany at email@example.com with the following info:
1. Child’s name, grade, and school;
2. If child is in second or third grade, whether you would prefer placement in a younger play group or older; and
3. Whether you would be willing to host play group in your home on a rotating basis (not required for participation).
We will fill the groups on a first-come, first-served basis.