Port Washington SEPTA (Special Education PTA) is a district-wide organization that was designed to build strong partnerships among parents, caregivers, teachers, administration, and the other HSAs within the Port Washington school community. Our primary function is to support a greater awareness of individual learning styles of students with IEPs, 504s, and those receiving building level supports. SEPTA is open to all families and staff throughout the district. We hope to encourage a true sense of community, commitment, and collaboration for the families we serve.
Do you have questions about providing academic support for your child?
Port SEPTA may be able to help.
What Is SEPTA?
- Port SEPTA serves every child, family, and staff member in the Port Washington School District who receives and/or provides special education services, accommodations and modifications, and other building level supports.
- We strive to provide a large forum for community discussion, idea sharing, and support for ALL unique learners within the district – from those who find school too challenging to those who don’t find it challenging enough.
- We hope to encourage a true sense of community, commitment, and collaboration for the families we serve.
Especially if you are new to Port Washington, please feel free to get in touch with us!
What can SEPTA do for you?
- Educate, train, and support parents by providing guest speakers who are experts in their field.
- Provide a forum where all parents within the district can share their experiences and learn.
- Liaison between parents, teachers, and administration to achieve the best outcome for all children.
- Answer questions for parents who suspect their child may have an issue or are new to the CSE System.
Who should join SEPTA?
SEPTA welcomes students, teachers, administrators, parents, or anyone who wants to learn more about educational opportunities and challenges which today’s students encounter.
We encourage you to call us with any questions you may have about your child’s education. You can always reach SEPTA by emailing us at email@example.com or by looking for the SEPTA co-President’s phone numbers on this website.
We look forward to seeing you at our meetings,
Cara & Sandra