Port SEPTA PALS (Playgroup) starting new groups September 2018!
Port SEPTA recognizes that one of the greatest challenges for students who learn differently can be relating to peers and finding friends in and outside of school.
If you are interested in registering your child for Port Pals Fall 2018 semester, please email email@example.com .
Port SEPTA formed its first Port Pals play group in September 2014 and is adding two additional groups this Fall.
Port Pals is a play group that
(1) comprises five or six kids, either in grades K through 2/3 ,or in grades 2/3 through 6;
(2) meets weekly, rotating among the homes of participants;
(3) is facilitated by a special-education professional; and
(4) focuses on the development of social and cooperative-play skills.
Each week, play time lasts 60 minutes, and the facilitator remains on site for an additional 30 minutes to meet with parents. In addition, three times per 12-week semester, each family receives a short written report from the facilitator addressing their child’s strengths, challenges, and successes.
At this time, the cost for participation is $20/week, or $240 per 12-week semester, payable in four-week installments.
Fall 2015 Port Pals groups will begin September 18 and meet each Friday through December 11 except November 27.
Schedule as follows:
Group 1: K through 2/3rd grade play group (facilitator: Janine Colón) is tentatively scheduled to meet Fridays from 3:30-4:30, with parent discussion available from 4:30-5:00.
Group 2: 2nd/3rd through 6th grade play group (facilitator: Rebecca McKee) is tentatively scheduled to meet Fridays from 4:30-5:30, with parent discussion available from 5:30-6:00.
Residency within Port Washington Union Free School District is not required for participation. If you are interested in registering your child for Port Pals fall semester, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with the following information:
1. Child’s name, grade, and school;
2. If child is in second or third grade, whether you would prefer placement in a younger play group or older; and
3. Whether you would be willing to host play group in your home on a rotating basis (not required for participation).
We will fill the groups on a first-come, first-served basis.