Port SEPTA and the Port Washington Public Library present:
for K-2nd and 2nd-5th graders
Creative Readers is a literary enrichment program that will use drama, crafts, art, movement and music to get kids hooked on reading. This program offers a space for unique learners of all kinds, some of whom are schooled out of district, to socialize and work together creatively in a community setting. It will also offer a space for participants to socialize and work together creatively.
Each participant will be paired with a teenage volunteer who will participate in all activities. The facilitator for this program is Elise May of Storytime Theater.
Creative Readers Details
Email Ann Marie Fitzpatrick at email@example.com for an application. Space is limited to 12 participants per group.
This program is funded by Port Washington SEPTA and Port Washington Public Library.
- Dates of program: Saturdays (parent must commit child to attend all sessions)
- K-2nd grade: 10am – 11am
- 2nd-5th grade: 11:15am – 12:15pm
- Location: Port Washington Public Library, Lapham Room
- Oct. 15th , 22nd, 29th, Nov. 5th, 12th and 19th
- Jan. 7th, 14th, 21st, 28th, Feb. 4th, Feb 11th (classes full)
- March 4th, 11th, 18th, 25th, April 1st, 8th